2013 is here and that means conference games for our Blue Demons basketball team has begun! Basketball season is one of my favorite times of the year and the fact that student tickets are FREE makes it even better. Don’t forget that Homecoming also involves the basketball games on Saturday, January 20th. The men play first vs. St. John’s at 11 a.m. at AllState Arena and then at 7 p.m., the women take on Providence at McGrath-Phillips Arena. Not sure how to reserve your tickets? We’ll walk you through it.
- Visit the Athletics Website Student Ticket Page
- Click on the link that under step 1
- Enter your campus connect ID & password
- Reserve your desired game ticket and bus/parking info (if needed)
- Make sure you bring your ID to the game! It will get swiped and you’ll earn Blue Demon Reward Points!
What are Blue Demon Reward Points? They’re pretty awesome. According to the Athletics website they are defined as below:
– Each soccer volleyball, basketball, softball and other special athletic events will all have reward points assigned to them.
– Once you arrive at the game/match you are attending, a DePaul Ticket Representative will swipe your Student ID.
– Once you attend a game, the points will be automatically deposited into your Campus Connection account which you will be able to track.
– There are five rewards levels: Roster Spot, 6th Man, Starter, Team MVP and Tournament MVP.
– Each DePaul student reaching a reward level will receive a prize.
– After the five reward levels, it will be a race to see who can finish in the Top 3 of all students in the university. The top three prizes could range from a free plasma screen television to a Playstation3!
DePaul is in the Big East Conference which also includes some pretty tough competition: Notre Dame, Marquette, and Georgetown are a few schools also in the conference. Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams could use your support as they take on their opponents.